Monday, November 15, 2010

The Good Mark * Custom Piece

Recently a friend of mine asked me to make a special piece for his wife. When he described what he was looking for, I had to ask... "Are you sure?". Being of the feminine persuasion I wasn't too sure if said wife would be happy with a pendant created from the mark of a fictional comic character.

It just so happens that husbands wedding ring is a replica of The Phantom's Good Mark ring. Now how could I question that. The woman obviously married him with full knowledge of his obsession with the purple one. So hey, how could she not love it!

A fair chunk of preparation went into creating this piece. I created a mould from creative paper clay.Actually I created two. It could have been more. Once I'd rolled out the PMC in preparation to make the pendant, then I decided which mould I would use. I chose the one which took the least amount of time to make. 
Wham!  Bam! Fabulous pendant!

This is the pendant drying on a dome.

This is it finished and ready to go to a good home.



I love it when a plan comes together.
xoK

No comments:

Post a Comment